The daily maintenance of the Handpan Drum
1. The maintenance of the hand dish needs to be oiled regularly.
(1) Don‘t touch the hands and handpan drum with water and all corrosive liquids, such as alcohol wipes, cleaning supplies. if they get wet, they need to be wiped off immediately, and then oiled.
(2) The sweat on your hands is corrosive. After the performance, remember to wipe the handpan drum with a soft towel and oil it for storage. (Note: In the hot summer, hands are more prone to sweating, and maintenance is required.)
(3) The period of oiling the surface of the hand dish is determined according to the local humidity and the frequency of use of the hand dish. If you feel that the surface of the handpan drum is too dry and there is no protective oil, apply it in time. Both the front and back of the handpan drum need to be oiled.
(4) The inside of the handpan drum should also be coated with a little protective oil every one month or so.
2. There are spots or obvious hand hammer marks on the surface of the handpan drum, which are all normal phenomena of handmade musical instruments.
3. Don't store the handpan drum in the backpack for a long time, and pay attention to keeping the hand dish ventilated.
4. Don't smash and severely bump the handpan drum, so as not to cause the instrument to run out of sound.
5. Avoid exposure to the sun.
6. Try to put the handpan drum on the legs to play, so as to show a more perfect tone. The stand is recommended only for the display of the handpan drum.